Product Developer Fangear NFL - Nike
About the Job
As the Product Developer, you will utilize your knowledge related to product patterns, fit, and construction while working closely with design and merchandising to understand the creative vision of each project and translate concepts into product. You will work closely with all in-house teams, along with oversea vendors to ensure production. In Product Creation and Development, you will be involved in the first stages of creating new products, commercialization and getting them to the consumers. This involves everything from idea generation, materials and construction, materials sourcing, product testing and product confirmation.
- Manage development projects from insights, through concepts, validation and into seasonal integrations in collaboration with project teams.
- Work with Design to proactively manage the styling, material and trim requirements relative to manufacturability, performance, quality, cost, lead-times and minimums.
- Maintain cost and master bill of materials during development process.
- Ensure the delivery and evaluation of quality lab dips/print strike-offs and communicate comments to vendor.
- Communicate information and any issues to all related internal parties as well as to overseas mills, agents, and manufacturers.
- International and domestic travel as required to achieve a high level of product and technology development, including visits to manufacturing facilities, R&D partners and consumers to assist in the creation, development, commercialization and integration of product.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholder
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Create strong team interaction with Merchandising, Design, Production, Planning, Materials Research, and Quality to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
- Foster and maintain key partnerships with vendors.
- Create and maintain dashboarding of product development metrics for corporate transparency and executive review.
- Review and continuously update standard operating procedures in partnership with team for best departmental efficiencies and practices
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5-7 years relevant experience in apparel product development and management
- Technical knowledge of fabric, construction, and product engineering
- Knowledge of factory operations as they relate to costing and manufacturing limitations
- Experience working with vendors in Asia and South/Central America
- Understanding of apparel and raw material testing
- Working knowledge of tariffs and duty rates
- Understanding of supply chain logistics
- Familiar with industry standard development processes/procedures, quality standards and compliance regulations.
- Ability to introduce and implement new processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, internal & external
- Proven leadership skills and communication skills are a must
- Strong Computer skills in excel, word and necessary systems needed
- Travel Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and communicate on a phone.