Live/Stage Production Eng (/NABET)
About the Job
The Live/Stage Production Engineer is responsible for the day to day maintenance of Live Production and post-production equipment in both on-air and off-air television environments supporting Fox Sports. This professional should have strong verbal/written communication skills and is responsible for documenting necessary changes to the production environment as well as reporting daily tasks in a ticketing/trouble logging system. Additionally, Engineers are required to perform emergency & preventative maintenance on all systems and to train fellow engineers or operators as needed.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of live production workflow dealing with production switchers, audio consoles, intercom systems, wireless audio, server-based playout, graphics generators.
- Knowledge with Live Studio Automation Systems and Newsroom driven workflows.
- Knowledge with Control Room Automation Systems
- Understanding an on-air Sports environment and has the ability to maintain & troubleshoot issues with advanced TV Studio Production equipment.
- Has the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Provide written & verbal reports or instructions to peers, management, and clients.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in an always changing fast-paced environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of SDVN
- Specific experience with Sony Switchers, Grass Valley Switchers, Studer Audio Consoles, RTS intercom, Evertz Routing
- Setting up 1080p & 4K Production Workflows
- Five years' experience as a Maintenance Engineer in live television environment.
- College degree in Engineering, Broadcast or IT preferred.
- Cisco Networking Certification coursework completed
- Professional level IT skill set to include a well-rounded networking, software, and Linux/Windows operating system knowledge base.
- Must be computer, literate work with both Mac and PC, possess skills related to file-based workflows, including knowledge of video codecs, audio codecs, transcoding, file movement, etc. Rudimentary knowledge of IP routing and switches a plus
- Identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors and audio distortion analyzers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*