Assistant Box Office Manager
About the Job
The Assistant Manager Box Office partners with the Manager Box Office to oversee box office operations and supporting ticketing functions and processes. The Assistant Manager Box Office will share the responsibility of maintaining strong working relationships between various promoters (internal and external), the Coyotes Sales team, artist representatives, venue management, and staff members.
- Hires and supervises part time box office personnel. Manages part time staff and ensures proper customer service practices in resolving customer (internal and external) issues and assuring courteous and respectful (including timely) service.
Staffs the box office to accommodate the promoter, walk-up sales, will call window, seating problems collection and patron inquiries.
Aid in event creation, management and in the coordination of ticket sales with promoters and the Coyotes sales team.
- Assist with communication to the outlets and computer ticket company in the absence of the manger and keeps them properly informed about events and computer operations.
Maintain fiscal control over daily reconciliation and proper cash handling procedures. In the absence of the Manager, will have complete oversight in managing cash needs of the Box Office and checking ticket seller's cash drawers in and out of the vault daily, etc.
- Responsible for payroll processing, including but not limited to ensuring staff clock in/out, approving payroll and processing payroll according to deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Business, Accounting, Sales, or a related field.
- Years of related work experience: 3-5 years of experience working in a box office supervisory/management role
- Must have previous box office experience.
- Must be proficient with computers and the MS Office program (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must have computerized ticket system experience.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle large sums of money utilizing prescribed cash management controls and day-to-day tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with promoters, the public and fellow staff members,
- Must be able to work both weekdays and weekends (day and evening) in addition to regular business hours as the event calendar requires
- Must have knowledge and experience with Ticketmaster ticketing systems and Archtics.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.