Sr Software Engineer
About the Job
SportsLine is a subscription product from CBS Sports that offers premium picks from Vegas experts, advanced computer simulations and projections, and unique, compelling content.
SportsLine seeks a Full-Stack Software Engineer with a passion for sports. You will be creative, self-motivated, cross-functional, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills. To be successful at this job, you need to be a good team player, think outside of the box, have the ability to work in multiple languages and enjoy working in a cross-functional/DevOps culture.
- Work closely with a team of talented sports analysts to help build out the latest and greatest sports products on the internet
- Developing fantasy products to be used by premium subscribers
- Creating tools that feature Sportsline advanced stats and predictions
- Provide mentoring and promote knowledge transfer amongst the team
- Building new fantasy sports and daily fantasy sports products
- Creating new products focused on sports betting and advanced sports statistics
- Develop Systems that are self-healing, self-aware, reactive and generally awesome
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles and Functional Programming
- Experience implementing and supporting high-performance API systems.
- Experience with containers
- Understanding JVM and performance tuning
- Experience managing pipelines and infrastructure
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of highly available systems, horizontal scaling, and load balancing.
- Able to participate in an on-call schedule. We write it, we run it, we monitor it, we support it!