About the Job
CBS11/TXA21 Television in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, is looking for a full time Director/Technical Director. Candidates should have at least 5 years' experience as a Director/Technical Director in a medium to major market. Candidate should be skilled at both Directing and Technical Directing, sometimes both simultaneously, of fast-paced scripted and breaking News coverage, and other sports and entertainment programs. The successful candidate must be a team leader as well as a positively contributing member of the team. The ability to work in the field on remote productions, and a skillset that includes camera operation, both in-studio and in the field, and some experience with audio operation will be considered strong assets as well. This is not a union represented position. If you can gel with a major market, well-oiled Production Team, and make positive contributions to our product, please apply online at  www.cbsdfw.com/jobs
- Candidate must communicate effectively with news/sports/entertainment producers, graphic artists, engineering staff, and all Production staff, to prepare and execute technically clean productions.
- Provide leadership for production prep and execution.
- Supervise Production staff during assigned shifts, to foster positive work environment and successful production operations.
- React in calm and effective manor to fast-paced, 'live' television environment.
- Apply technical expertise and creative style to create interesting productions within accepted guidelines and standards.
- Ability to operate other production equipment and tasks, such as camera operation, audio operation, floor directing, and other duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven technical skills
- Proven ability to function well in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details and time management
- Good organizational skills
Minimum Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience Directing/Technical Directing 'live' newscasts and other productions in a medium to major market
- Knowledge and experience with Sony 8000 switcher