About the Job
Responsible for the Aquatics Department at the Thomas M. Menino YMCA including Pool Management, staff, revenue and community engagement.
Thomas M. Menino YMCA
Hyde Park, MA
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the supervision and management of all facets of the Aquatics Department at the Thomas M. Menino YMCA. This includes Pool Management/ Staff recruitment, development and management/ Revenue management/ and community engagemen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 21 years of age, with YMCA Lifeguarding certification. If Red Cross certified, the employee must cross over to YMCA certification within six months of hire.
- At least two years experience in instruction and management of a wide variety of Aquatics programs and pool maintenance.
- Experience supervising staff and developing pool schedules and class schedules, as well as good member relation and staff relation skills.
- Must be aware of YMCA movement and trends in the aquatic field and must continue to enhance his/her knowledge in YMCA Aquatic Management and certifications.
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
- At times, be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- YMCA* Lifeguarding or ARC
- YSL* or WSI with minimum of 2 years experience
- Recommended: POOL* or CPO
- 60-90 Days
- Child Abuse Prevention (within first four weeks of employment)
- Respect in the Workplace (Sexual Harassment Prevention)
- YMCA LG Crossover
- Adult Learning Concepts
- Facilitation Skills
- Listen First
- 90-120 Days
- Orientation to the Y Training System
- YLGI or ASHI instructor**
- 1 Year
- 18 Months
- Leading and Coaching Others
Team Leader certification should also be achieved within 1 year of hire
* YMCA Certifications preferred option
** If Director does not have certification must have at least one staff member who does
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES:
How to Apply
https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6115252.careers?ApplyToJob=201621386 Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until