Sr Program Director
About the Job
Senior Program Director
The Downtown Y in Fort Worth is looking for a cause-driven Senior Director to join the team.
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX
The Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA is looking for a new leader to join the team and support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Senior Program Director will lead the development of and implementation of high quality programs for the branch. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality sports, aquatics or youth programs combine with the ability to manage the administrative components programming. Strong organizational and time management skills are necessary to ensure that the participants and families have a high quality experience at the Y. Responsibilities include supervision and training of the program staff along with new and innovative ideas to grow and expand existing programs. This is a full time exempt position. The Senior Program Director will need to expect to work some weekends, as this is when many of the youth sports games take place.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It's who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don't just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:
- Welcoming - Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.
- Nurturing - To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.
- Hopeful - Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.
- Determined - To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.
- Genuine - To be honest and open in relationships with others.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause. Join us and help transform lives!
Education & Certifications: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience. Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency. YMCA Team Leader certification preferred. CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
Experience & Background : High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail and high degree of initiative will help this candidate be successful. The ability to direct programs through leading both staff and volunteers, developing and monitoring budgets, developing and marketing programs and bringing enthusiasm and a passion for fundraising. A proven track record in building authentic relationships with others and the ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations. This leader will need the ability to connect and relate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Coordinates special events and activities.
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Philanthropy : Secures resources and support to advance the Y's work.
- Communication & Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y's cause.
- Fiscal Management : Manages the Y's resources responsibly and sustains the Y's nonprofit business model.
- Program/Project Management : Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
- Developing Self & Others : Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
Team Leader Certification Preferred
$44,000.00 - $48,000.00
How to Apply
https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ymcafw/Posting/View/695 Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until