Dev Assoc/Grant Writer
About the Job
Development Associate/Grant Writer
The YMCA of Northern Utah is seeking grant writers!
YMCA of Northern Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Grant Writer will work with the Director of Grants to develop and carry out a successful grants program working with government, foundation, and corporate granting entities. This person will coordinate the grant application process, research, write, track, and submit grants and reports, and maintain the donor database for the grant program in collaboration with others on the team. Please note, the Development Associate/Grant Writer will be a FT employee of the YMCA (not a contract grant writer). While this position is considered full-time with full benefits, average hours will be 30 hours per week.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- 2-3 years of grant writing, fundraising, Non-profit and/or YMCA experience highly preferred.Bachelor degree in Professional Writing, English, Communication, Non-Profit Management or a related field preferred; or combination of education and relevant experience
- Ability to use a computer in order to effectively perform job duties including word processing and research. Computer proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with capacity to work within various databases. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability analyze, write and edit annual fund materials, reports, social media posts, press releases and correspondence with external businesses, community members, and media.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing with talent to craft evocative narratives through storytelling.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and possess efficient time management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work enthusiastically within constantly changing priorities.
- Positive attitude and high energy toward change; it is essential to maintain clear, open and honest communication with Director of Development, CEO, Board of Directors, staff, vendors and donors.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment is preferred.
- Compose high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications and supporting documents in a detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven manner.
- Coordinate with other departments to collect data and provide meaningful stewardship of funders and to comply with reporting requirements for funds received.
- Prepare grant memos and enter awards, and all relevant information in the donor database.
- Work with department managers to compile financials and data.
- Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities in coordination with others on the team.
- Write reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders as requested.
- Identify funding opportunities to match YMCA priorities using research tools.
- Support Development department activities as directed.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Communication and Influence
- Functional Expertise
- Engaging Community
Must be able to pass background check with fingerprinting.
$16.45 - $19.73
How to Apply
Apply by Email