Gearhead - Customer Account Manager
About the Job
Position at Backcountry
Gearhead - Customer Account Manager
This position requires someone who works hard, is passionate about getting outside, using the gear we sell, is self-motivated, proactive and driven to excellence.
In brief, you'll build a business and establish long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You'll make well over 65 phone calls a day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new/maintain existing customer relationships. You'll build your persona both on and offsite; through content creation, social media, community events, trip reports, guide reviews, product & video demo's, etc.
To ensure our customers experience premium service, we hire the best and brightest people possible and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace. The advantages and rewards for success are proportionate to the effort required - in other words, we want to enable a long term career track out of being a Gearhead.
If you are someone who loves talking about the latest outdoor brands with people who share your passion, now might be a perfect time for a change. Imagine talking about your favorite subject while seated comfortably among a team of like-minded and passionate people. Now think about the great salary and excellent benefits you'll receive while getting the immediate and long-term job satisfaction you've always wanted. The opportunity is here, and the time is now - if you have a passion for getting outside, we want to share that with our customers and amplify your personality throughout the shopping experience - we want to create a "mini celebrity" out of you!
About the Team
Our Gearheads are the lifeblood of Backcountry. They're the first folks customers interact with, and the reason customers return to our site. We wholeheartedly believe service is a differentiator that our business thrives upon. Gearheads pride themselves on expertise; in-depth, technical knowledge of the gear we sell as well as a love of the activities it's used for.
We hire and retain an eclectic bunch of die-hards to service our phones, chat, and email lines. Think backcountry skiers, guides, long-distance backpackers, cat-1 cyclists, Olympians, coaches - you name 'em, we've got 'em.
Our team resides in a 25,000 square foot, newly redesigned space in the Salt Lake Valley. We wanted to run our operation out of a yurt, but 25,000 square foot yurts are hard to come by. So, we put a 30 foot yurt inside the building instead. Best meeting room ever? We think so.
About the Job
- Perform well over 65 outbound phone calls each day scheduled
- Build and manage your customer book of business to 3,500 - 4,500 customers and ensure every customer is being handled with tremendous service and prompt follow-through
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, leverage your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Assist the customers of other Gearheads who may be out of the office or assisting other customers
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- Obtain Backcountry product certification within the first 30 days of joining the team, maintain that certification by attending training clinics, writing reviews and contributing content
- Participate in ongoing procedural and product training sessions to ensure your gear, sales and system knowledge is second to none.
- Provide customer feedback to internal parties so Backcountry can continually improve the customer experience
- In depth knowledge of the gear we sell and a passion for getting outside
- Sales or account management experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores-Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap-aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life's greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Check us out in action here:
- "Outsiders Wanted"
- "This is Backcountry"