Business Insights Analyst
About the Job
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
As the WNBA continues to develop as a growth property for the NBA Enterprise, this position's incumbent is to be a subject matter expert for all data points across the league and use the data to help support business cases and analysis. More specifically, this position will be the central collection point for all data and metrics across the WNBA business, working closely with multiple departments to set and monitor progress of key tactics and KPIs. The role is responsible for providing business analytics and strategic insights into the performance of the WNBA's business & key initiatives, and will work directly with the league's head of business operations to continually refine the WNBA's strategic direction based on those findings. The role will also support developing strategies to grow in existing and new business lines and products including key events and tentpoles as well as for the 12 WNBA teams.
- Acts as single point of contact for data across various aspects of the league and team businesses including ticket sales, sponsorship, tv viewership, digital and social engagement, acting as a funnel for communication Interpret data and develop actionable recommendations for business leaders across multiple functions such as paid media investments, social platform usage, and digital enhancements
- Prepare analytical reports for business leaders that present complex data in an understandable way
- Track performance of business strategies and recommend process improvements where needed
- Prepare meeting materials including power point presentations and written communications
- Work directly with teams to implement and test new sales tactics gained for insights and report results to senior stakeholders
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a business operations or analytics role
- Strong data analysis skills using Excel and PowerPoint and strong strategic thinking skills
- Extremely organized, with the ability to work independently Ability to work across multi-functional groups
- Teamwork skills and flexibility
- Experience working and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree Required Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related business field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Data