Software Engineer-UI Presentation-contract
About the Job
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Presentation Software Engineer plays an important role in the development of EA SPORTS games, by implementing the sequencing of events that are shown to the user, which can include the triggering of cut-scenes, camera cuts, changes in tempo such as slow-motion and replays, transitions at the beginning and end of a game, audio tuning, commentary synchronization, and
- Writes and maintains APIs used by several other game areas
- Work with a team of software engineers
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Improve overall code quality and performance by optimizing the exchange of information between different game areas
- Program core presentation tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience in a Client/Server environment with basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Knowledge and experience using Flash, specifically in tandem with ActionScript is preferred
- Additional experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Experience developing on XBox 360 and PS3 Platforms is a plus
- Experience developing on XBoxOne and PS4 Platforms is a plus