About the Job
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Location-North American Logistics Campus. Shift-Monday-Friday, 7 AM to 3:30 PM.
As a Traffic Specialist you will be responsible for facilitating order routing and building a daily schedule in adherence to guidelines, using all internal sources of information and considering all restrictions. The daily planning must guarantee load times and support the most efficient way of product flow. Providing reliable information (volumes per carrier) ensuring the required transportation means can be foreseen and the transportation costs can be minimized. Gathering and analyzing information on process planning to support fact-based decision making. Providing information for Operations to set up the daily staffing (volume, loading times, available work). Updating routing tables and fuel surcharges in the WMS. Updating PSST tables in WMS when/as new information is provided by Transportation. Reviewing freight charges and ensure appropriate cost centers applied prior to submitting to finance for cost re-classing each month. Continuously improve working methods and processes.
• 2+ years of college preferred or high school diploma and 3 years of experience requirement.
• Experience in performing duties that support operations and transportation planning/logistics (LTL, Parcel, TL) required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Proficiency with Excel and Word required. Proficiency with PowerPoint preferred.
• Experience using TMS, WMS and ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle preferred.
• Experience creating presentations and disseminating data to multiple departments preferred.