Lead Release Manager
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
As a Nike Digital Engineering Lead, Release Management, you will be an integral part of the team that enables the Nike Digital organization to bring its world-class products and applications to market. We are focused on delivering the technology and processes that support our Nike-branded sites and stores. We strive to deliver locally relevant solutions for our consumers and enable retail, commerce, infrastructure, and mobile experiences at Nike. You will work across Digital experience teams to understand key business drivers and enable the delivery of successful releases forNike's Global Retail Fleet.
- As a leader, you will be responsible for driving effective release framework and governance across multiple teams and geographies. Having a deep understanding and ability to manage all change activity from planning to deployment will be keys to success.
- Work with multiple cross functional teams to support and enhance our platforms.
- Work and communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization - from brainstorming with individual contributors to discussing strategy and release content with senior leaders.
- Manage a small team (2 direct reports) with the opportunity to grow within the leadership team and organization.
- In true Nike fashion, you will partner closely with engineering teams and technology partners across the digital community to continually improve process, achieve efficiencies, and deliver a quality product on time.
- Drive to a global release cadence that defines the cycles, structures, and required oversight
- Work with vendors and partner systems to ensure their / our processes are aligned
- Define and publish key metrics on the effectiveness of Release Management
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Business, Engineering, or a related field; 2+ additional years of professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years professional experience with at least 4 years in release management or business process improvement and 2 years in a management capacity
- Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with business partners, senior management, executive leadership, and technical teams
- Experience delivering application and infrastructure projects, programs, or releases into complex production environments
- Proven track record of implementing process change focused on alignment of business and technology; in particular, working with Engineering, QA and IT Technical Operations
- Experience with SDLCs, including iterative, waterfall, and Agile
- Experience with business process improvement methods (e.g., Lean), Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration/Delivery is preferred
- Must be able to operate in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility Retail environment with multiple competing priorities
- Prior management experience including hiring, coaching, delivering performance reviews, and resource planning
- Deep understanding of release management processes; understanding of environment management
- Strong analytical experience including data trending and analysis for senior leadership level presentations
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams in a collaborative environment
- Retail experience
- Experience in global or multi-branded environments
- ITIL and IT Service Management
- Project / Program Management
- Experience with Mobile Application Development and the Software Development Life Cycle.