Product Designer, Predictive Mobile Games
About the Job
MLB Advanced Media is looking for a Product Designer to work primarily on predictive free-to-play games on mobile platforms including Beat the Streak.
Product Designers at MLBAM are responsible for designing clean, intelligent, user centered interfaces that will be used by millions of people every day. They collaborate with product owners and engineers to conceptualize, design, prototype and iterate until Requirements and user goals are properly met.
- Designing interfaces for iOS and Android for mobile predictive games
- Produce multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fidelity sketches
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Contribute to the definition and scope of project timelines
- Collaborating with the entire Product Design team and participate in review sessions for other MLB projects
- 3+ years of professional Mobile Product Design experience.
- Experience designing gaming components like leaderboards and user profiles.
- Ability to understand user needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into easy-to-use interfaces
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of User Experience design processes and methodology
- Ability to collaborate with others to envision and iterate on concepts
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and Principle
- Knowledge of baseball and gaming is a plus, but not necessary
This is a full-time position located in either our New York City or Boulder, CO office.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on award-winning applications used by millions of people worldwide.