Product Mgr, Predictive Mobile Games
About the Job
The MLB Platform Product Team is currently seeking an experienced Product Manager with proven leadership in delivering top-of-the-line consumerapplications for iOS and Android. The position will be focused on MLB's growing suite of casual gaming applications, including Beat the Streak, and also play a major role in helping MLB develop new products within the Free-to-Play ("FTP") space.
Prior experience building and shipping casual and/or FTP mobile games is highly preferred.
- Gather business Requirements from across the organization and create detailed technical Requirements ready for development
- Work with key stakeholders to prioritize Requirements from competing business interests and build consensus
- Serve as the product stakeholder in Agile sprint planning, manage feature roadmaps and review application builds to ensure on-time delivery and overall product quality
- Balance between product ideation and execution, with a "fail fast" mentality and flexibility as we pursue innovative experiences for our users.
- Effectively support the product design, engineering and test engineering teams throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks
- Collaborate with product design and the user research team to help drive an iterative approach.
- Build and manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including product owners, ad operations, sponsorship sales, commerce, external vendors and executives
- Define key performance indicators for product features and actively analyze data and customer feedback
- Keep a pulse on the sports, media, and entertainment bestpractices and trends, to create best-in-class products
- Educate others within the org as to best practices for successful games, including engaging gameplay mechanics, reward structures, and systems for player progression
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a product owner supporting one or more consumer-facing products
- Proven experience in guiding projects to completion, from Requirements gathering through rollout and training
- Self-starter who is energetic & enthusiastic, confident, adaptable & customer-oriented
- Experience producing wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user interaction diagrams
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies including such as scrum or kanban
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, leadership, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a cross-functional team
- Fortitude to remain calm and react appropriately in high-pressure situations
Highly-Qualified Applicants will have:
- Specific experience shipping casual games, preferably for mobile devices
- A keen understanding of the psychology behind successful games
- A love of baseball, and a firm comprehension of its history, rules, and culture
- Experience using JIRA and Wiki-based documentation tools
- An eye for visual design, and basic Photoshop skills
- Familiarity with mobile interface design on the iOS, Androidand web platforms with proficiency in the Apple Human InterfaceGuidelines and Google MaterialDesign Specification
- A rich understanding of app ecosystems andrelated technologiessuch as REST API's, Push Notification Services, oAuth, HLS, JSON, XML
This is a unique opportunity to work on award-winning apps used globally by millions of sports fans. This role will be a part of a team working with the latest technologies on iOS and Android, constantly seeking unique solutions to new problems. If you are interested in being at the forefront of mobile technology, at a company known for innovation, and are passionate about delivering engaging content to avid fans, this is a great opportunity to do just that.