Sr Dir, Strategy For Global Categories
About the Job
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
The Strategy function at Nike, Inc. partners with our most senior executives to define and create the future of our business and the broader marketplace. By driving critical transformational projects and leading our annual strategy cycle, we uncover and realize Nike, Inc.'s biggest opportunities. As part of this team, you are a critical thought partner to our leaders - wrangling complex business issues; delivering insightful consumer, competitive and market analyses; and developing action plans that galvanize our teams. Strategy is at the heart of action, and team members gain rich experiences across our diverse portfolio of geographies, delivery channels and product lines, which opens doors to a wide range of diverse career opportunities.
The Senior Director, Strategy for Global Categories is a strategic leadership role with visibility across our portfolio of businesses and our Executive Leadership team. You will lead a diverse Strategy team that work with Global Category GM's to develop, implement and execute Nike, Inc.'s Consumer-led long-term growth strategy. Alongside these cross-functional Global Category Leadership Teams, you will develop the category vision to better servce the consumers and translate into strategic plan key priorities and new opportunities. You and your team will capture and leverage consumer insights to help create the complete offenses of new concepts & products. You will connect the dots, elevate insights & trends, and generate ideas. In this role you will lead and create content for key strategic business planning processes. You will harness these strategy processes to drive new ideas for growth and generate stakeholder alignment and commitment. This role also partners directly with the executive leader VP, Global Categories to frequently execute and manage specific priorities, is a critical thought partner on Strategic Priorities and current business challenges as well as acts as a proxy for the executive in specific business meetings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 10 years' relevant experience (3 years' experience post MBA preferred). In lieu of a Bachelor's degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Experience in corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, management consulting, finance or related field
- Previous management consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm is highly preferred
- Strategy development experience with global-consumer enterprises (including internal and/or consulting)
- Previous experience leading and managing a team with proven ability to coach and develop future leaders.