Lead Application Engineer
About the Job
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
- Lead the technical development and delivery of backend services in the retail environment
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities
- Partner with product owner to understand requirements and define an MVP for features and agree upon timelines.
- Provide strong technical expertise in application architecture.
- Collaborating with other teams and architecture to develop new features.
- Oversee the quality of the code and products throughout the entire development lifecycle (DevOps)
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform.
- Help team analyze and adopt newer technologies.
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies. Help team plan and execute sprint tickets.
- Monitoring and supporting health of services in production.
- 10+ years of professional experience in application engineering.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in Java.
- Hands-on experience in AWS based micro services, REST API and no-SQL DB.
- AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, S3, Dynamo DB, Graddle
- Experienced in unit testing using Junit or other tools.
- Experienced in automated functional testing using tools like Cucumber.
- Well versed with Agile methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.