Footwear Developer Tennis
About the Job
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product's construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
As a Footwear Developer I, you'll provide project and process management within Footwear Product Development. You will convert a project brief and a two-dimensional design rendering into a three-dimensional sample that meets the needs of the team and consumer, that can be successfully and profitably commercialized. You will actively participate in meetings with Product Creation during all phases of the development process. You will execute the decision-making process for product confirmation and sample delivery by consistently reviewing and evaluating project status. Additionally, you will manage sampling and prototyping across geographies. You will plan and execute development according to critical dates and performance/profitability goals while addressing challenges that surface. You will ensure manufacturability of product concepts and will utilize your footwear knowledge and tools to achieve project objectives.
You will also utilize appropriate communication methods to successfully manage the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production. You will apply fundamental understanding of category best practices to identify product and testing requirements as well as will validate product performance through physical and field-testing (fit). In this role, you will recommend and specify material, component and construction options to meet key features and performance goals. Additionally, will ensure all projects are completed on time and can be mass produced, tested and meet design intent as well as meeting performance, costing and sustainability goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Industrial Design, Engineering or a related field
- 2 additional years' experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in a product creation related role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clear understanding and solid working knowledge of the tools that support the product creation process in the areas of upper patterns, bottom tooling and manufacturing
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to clearly articulate policies and instructions
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time