Member Experience Director
About the Job
Member Experience Director
Don't miss this unique opportunity to help advance the mission of the YMCA in a committed and supportive community!
The Member Experience Director is responsible for delivering excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. The Member Experience Director will share in the oversight and management of front desk operations, instill expectations for high-quality customer service, and ensure all processes are being followed. Member Experience Directors will be in charge of new member onboarding, and in-branch marketing in partnership with departmental leaders and the branch Development Specialist, respond to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and communicate effectively with BSC staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business hospitality, administration, human services or equivalent.
- Minimum of three - five years of customer service, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience
- Some sales experience.
- Budgeting experience.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Ability to take initiative and respond to a variety of situations and manage several tasks and projects at the same time.
- Strong leadership skills, high degree of accuracy, skill with quantitative information and ability to make decisions based on logical reasoning.
- Must complete mandatory trainings of New Staff Orientation, BBP/Child Abuse Prevention and CPR/1 st Aid/AED trainings within 30 days of employment.
- Responsible for hands-on, high-quality member experience practices at the front desk.
- Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of high-quality, service-oriented staff in partnership with the Association Human Resources Department; follows all recruitment, hiring, and onboarding policies and procedures.
- Responsible for training, mentoring, and evaluation of membership staff and performance; ultimately responsible for staff impact on member experience; perform annual staff reviews.
- Actively practice the YMCA of Greenville leadership attributes of Accountability, Ownership, Managerial Courage, Teamwork, and Focus Discipline as defined and communicated by HR.
- Participate in quarterly reviews with executive leadership examining and evaluating departmental progress, growth, staffing, results, and goals as well as personal application of YMCA of Greenville Leadership Attributes.
- Continuously evaluate and improve member experience touch-points (entrance and exit).
- Train staff in wellness programs and initiatives to build and maintain a connection between the departments.
- Responsible for real-time communication with Business Services Center regarding branch-specific programs, schedules, promotions, and other information necessary to keep members informed.
- Manage Welcome Center operations including processes, procedures, staff scheduling, organization and cleanliness, and promotion and material displays.
- Accountable for membership staff activity at Welcome Center and around the facility; ensure the most efficient and effective use of time.
- Schedule staff; ensure adequate coverage at Welcome Center during all hours of operation with an awareness of the departmental budget and limitations on staff hours.
- Communicate with Sr. Membership Director regarding issues with processes, members or staff.
- Oversee member onboarding practices to ensure all new members are familiar with policies, branch facility, hours of operation, membership benefits, and program/wellness opportunities; help new members engage with other members and in YMCA cause.
- Implement all directives from Sr. Membership Director; ensure staff are informed of changes and directives and apply them as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required within scope of allowed hours per week.
- Assist with the development, planning, and monitoring of the staffing budget for front desk.
- Intentionally and continuously strive to promote an organizational culture that advances practices and policies which value staff engagement, diversity, strengthens inclusion, and builds global community in the US and abroad.
- Participates in the annual campaign as hours allow.
- Perform duties of all membership functions in the absence of staff as hours allow.
- Ability to work various shifts, to inlcude, early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Ability to speak two or more languages preferred.
https://careers-ymcagreenville.icims.com/jobs/2375/member-experience-director/job Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until