Customer Service Rep
About the Job
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Our Overland Park, KS location is seeking a Customer Service Representative to add to our Golf Team.
This position will work with Sales Reps (field), Accounts and Internal Sales with POs, RAs, Parts Orders, Credits, Field Transfers, researching shipping issues, researching Charge-backs, assisting with rep B2B questions and other tasks. This position will also be responsible for managing the Golf Ecommerce orders.
- 100% of time: Order and PO Management
- Order entry for POs received via phone, email, and regular mail.
- Works with Sales Promotions - making sure orders are entered correctly with promos.
- Handle Return Authorization requests from customers/Sales and receive approval based on amounts. RA's need to be researched and handled quickly.
- Manage B2B and EDI batches for timely processing of purchase orders.
- Researching Charge-backs which may result in issuing credits & processing other adjustments. Charge-back research needs to start within 72 hours of receipt.
- Direct communication with our account base to deliver highest level of customer service possible.
- Daily management of departmental reports - Pending Report, Cancel Date Report, and Discontinued Reports to facilitate timely release of orders for shipping.
- Provide reporting and back order information to customers and sales reps as requested.
- This position may also be assigned non-Golf accounts as necessary if others do not have the bandwidth.
- This position will travel to the PGA Show that is held towards the end of January. The Sales Team will also have the Golf CSR's attend the local sales meeting, generally held in December.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or a combination education and 1-2 years of Customer Service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of outdoor products and industry preferred
- Prior experience working with AS400 and Microsoft Office programs a plus
- Need to be able to work quickly, accurately and can multi-task. All within the parameters of an 8- hour day, adhering to the no / very limited OT policy within the Department. Any significant OT must be approved prior by management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Alternate hours may be required to communicate with Eastern Hemisphere contacts.
- Non-smoking office environment.
- Requires both verbal and written communication with our customers, and face-to-face contact with others in the company.
- Dress code: casual
- Team: two person golf team
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled