About the Job
Experienced director needed for thriving yet growing aquatic program in Westport CT. Must be an organized, outgoing, and diligent leader!
YMCA of Westport/Weston CT Inc.
Under the direction of the Sr. Program Director , the Aquatic Director is responsible for the administration and direction of the Aquatic Department and supervision of all Aquatic Department staff. The Aquatic Director will assure that programs and facilities exceed the goals and objectives of the Westport Weston Family YMCA. The Aquatic Director must possess excellent organizational, communication, and supervisory skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Supervisory experience in aquatic programs, staff, and facilities.
- Knowledge in aquatic programming, including, but not limited to, lifeguarding, swim lessons, and aquatic fitness.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Engaging Community : Ensure programs and services meet community needs. Ensure a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
Collaboration: Identify and build relationships with internal and/or external partners or key stakeholders to support programs or projects.
Communication & Influence: Maintain regular, clear and concise communication within area of responsibility. Adopt a personal leadership style or approach to influence others.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making Anticipate risk, implications, and possible outcomes before taking actions. Weigh pros and cons of multiple options to make decisions about complex problems.
Developing Self & Others: Share and employ new learning to improve staff and personal performance.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Y-USA Swim Instructor or American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor preferred.
- Y-USA Team Leader Certification is preferred.
- Must become a Certified Pool & Spa Operator within 12 months of hire.
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
Jason Jaronko, 14 Allen Raymond Lane, Westport CT, 06880-
Resumes Accepted Until