Operations Support Engineer
About the Job
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
We're growing quickly and are looking for an Operations Support Engineer to help our engineering team in the operational support of existing and new software systems. In addition to providing day-to-day support for technologies and processes for your team, you will play a vital role is improving, expanding, and maintaining our software and infrastructure. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as an Operations Support Engineer:
- Take ownership for the day-to-day operational support for your team, using internal tools, writing SQL, and interacting with SQL databases to ensure the operational integrity of the platform.
- Manage support and development requests related to your team's services and processes.
- You will triage and resolve production issues for key business stakeholders and VIP customers, based on the defined internal SLA timeframes and Escalation policies.
- Optimize monitoring capabilities including production traffic, data validations, job failures, application health, dashboards and alerts.
- You will also help improve and maintain support documentation, including runbooks.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have extensive experience in an IT or technical support capacity.
- You have a strong knowledge of relational database technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- Experience working with and debugging web services and applications.
- You have strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both business and technical teams.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.