About the Job
Job Summary: The In-Shape Personal Trainer (PT) interacts with members every day, conducting fitness assessments and personal training sessions during one-on-one and small-group appointments. ISHC PTs are the heart-and-soul of the "In-Shape Lifestyle," promoting health, fitness and enjoyment of all life has to offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help clients meet fitness objectives through coaching and assistance during personal training sessions
- Schedule personal training sessions with clients, and follow-through
- Generate client progress reports with accurate measurements and fitness testing
- Demonstrate the proper use of strength training and cardiovascular equipment
- Serve as knowledgeable source of fitness and nutrition for members
- Sales of personal training packages
- Participating in continued educational requirements for personal training certification
- Friendly; professional; encouraging; punctual; thorough knowledge of health, fitness and nutrition; disciplined; dedicated to client success.
- HS diploma or GED required - College degree preferred
- Certified Personal Training Certification from an accredited program and CPR/AED required
- Additional course work in physical education, nutrition, physiology, and exercise science is beneficial
- Basic First Aid preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 45+ lbs.
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Basic writing and math skills, excellent communication skills and experience with MS Office
- Strong motivational skills
Work Environment/ Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, changes in temperature/humidity; moving mechanical parts and vibration and exercise equipment; frequently required to stand, walk 4-hours/4 hour day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; and frequently use both feet and move them forward/backward and side to side; seldom required to sit; frequently to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and continuously reach and twist, including side-to-side movements; must continuously lift/move/carry 25 pounds; frequently lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move/carry 51 or more pounds.