Expert Product Architect
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
NIKE's Strategic Enterprise Capabilities program (SEC) is reinventing the way Nike does business. We see the opportunity to strengthen our value chain, connect the matrix, unlock new technologies and elevate the strategies that inspire future innovations. SEC is driving end-to-end integration across hundreds of business processes, leveraging a flexible and scalable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and best-of-breed technology solutions that support the retail experience of the future. One of the critical ingredients to our success is the implementation of our new ERP solutions.
SAPAE team needs an expert Architect with experience working in an agile environment who's focus will be to design the key Nike business processes. As an Expert IT Architect, you'll be part of the SCEF organization responsible for delivering solutions that ignite growth and deliver value across the organization.
You'll contribute to architecture of all associated systems including integration methodology, business processes, process re-engineering and process improvement. You'll also be responsible for consultation with the business and knowledge transfer. You'll work on the most complex projects and contribute to the overall strategic vision of the organization. You'll integrate a broad range of ideas regarding IT architecture and develop strategies for migration toward the architectural vision. This opportunity also involves evaluating, designing and establishing technical protocols and standards for enterprise-wide use and evaluating vendor solutions. You'll provide integrated systems planning and recommend innovative technologies that will enhance the current systems.
As an Expert Architect, you'll be responsible for the architecture and design strategy of SAP technologies implemented as a global solution within Nike's Landscape and the larger SAP Ecosystem.
As the architect responsible for SAP Architecture, you'll work with business and IT teams to plan and execute a strategy for a Global rollout. You'll also develop the ERP architecture and design methodologies and standards, and provide architecture leadership to both technology and business partners throughout the company. Understanding, refining and communicating the ERP business requirements and using them to create a robust, sustainable and manageable architecture will be your primary responsibility.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
• Providing Sr Architect level SAP technical leadership and application architecture planning and delivery on large global complex projects
• Establishing or modifying strategy, standards and procedures for SAP integration, configuration, and implementation
• Assisting in the development of SAP technological roadmaps while keeping up to date with emerging technologies
• Developing strategies and identifying patterns for integrating different technologies.
• Researching new technologies to assist in establishing the architectural vision for IT systems
• Leading the design efforts to meet business objectives while driving the overall architecture to improve system reliability and flexibility
You'll need to have experience working closely with the business (Business Process owners) and SAP, and have the ability to articulate how to enable business processes across cross functional areas. You'll leverage functional resources (IT) to ensure the solution will enable business requirements. You'll possess a deep understanding of how changes to ERP solution in one functional area could impact other functional areas or other systems in the IT landscape. In addition, you'll need to demonstrate a strong ability to learn new information and systems quickly, work successfully in a matrix organization, and forge partnerships with peers, customers, and suppliers.
• Expert understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they're applied in workplace culture
• Excellent collaboration and relationship management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
• Experience leading cross-functional work
• Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing demands effectively
• Experience leading others in resolving complex issues
• Advanced critical thinking and ability to creatively solve complex, unique problems with large business impact
• Identify and resolve complex, technical operational and organizational problems
• Strong in strategic thinking
• Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve both process and people related issues
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field
• 10 years' business, IT or related experience
• 2 years' additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
• 5 years' SAP AFS/IS Retail Architecture experience
• Broad understanding of all components (Finance, Inventory, Allocation, Assortment Planning) of an SAP AFS/ IS Retail solutions
• Understanding SAP Retail suite and its integration to AFS.
• Knowledge of SAP Netweaver platform components, specifically S/4 Fashion, Central Finance, MDG, BI, PO, FIORI , CAR and Portal highly desired
• Experience leading Blueprint (Analysis / Design Phase) and Implementation phases across different functional areas
• Experience with full system lifecycle for enterprise application development
• Ability to work effectively across a wide range of functions, teams and levels of management
• Ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders and technologists throughout Nike
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation