About the Job
As an IaaS Engineer - Collaboration , you will be integral part of the Infrastructure team and responsible for building highly reusable services, platforms and tooling for IT infrastructure and collaboration systems at Columbia Sportswear. While the position will be engineering focused, the primary goal is ensure the smooth operation of the organization's voice, mobility and collaboration systems in order to provide maximum performance and availability while also managing to an exceptional user experience. The role is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting voice, collaboration systems and applications across the enterprise. While the position is highly technical in nature, attention must also be paid to vendor management, project coordination for small to medium projects, management of telecommunications budgets, bid specifications including evaluation of responses, technology strategy, feasibility studies and policy in relations to telecommunications.
- Design, develop, deploy and support on-premise and off-premise voice and collaboration systems infrastructure and solutions
- Optimize existing solutions and provide improvement feedback to L1/L2/L3 teams. Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion. Perform system reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvement
- Assist in preparing roadmaps, budget documents and participate in vendor relationships as well as procurement
- Define and evangelize system optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance. Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a minimum of 4 years of technical experience in customer facing datacenter architecture, delivery and operational services in environments such as Cisco Voice, Microsoft O365, Slack, Cisco Video and PTSN technologies
- Experience with voice systems, architecture, and experience in collaboration systems such as Office365, Cisco voice and video as well as messaging systems like Slack
- Knowledge of automation frameworks are a plus
- Self-starter and self-motivated attitude
- Excellent problem management, customer service skills in a team oriented environment
- Strong communication and collaborations skills to work with internal teams and partner teams to achieve results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to analyze very common business processes and practices and find ways to make them more efficient and easier using on and off the self tools as well as automation systems
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age