Global Sourcing Analyst II
About the Job
As a Sourcing Analyst you will aid development of global source strategies for Columbia Sportswear Company brands, executing seasonal source plans across Apparel, Equipment and Accessories categories. Your focus will be on placing the right product at the right factory for effective capacity utilization, maximized profitability and delivery of the Brand promise. Here you'll partner with cross-functional teams to understand the company's direction and in-season business needs. You'll be relied upon for information/communication through reporting and data analytics.
- Assist in the creation of the seasonal and long-range source strategies
- With adherence to calendar deadlines, manage the seasonal source plan in PDM with consideration of vendor seasonal development and production capacity and capabilities
- Drive the creation and maintenance of reporting and data analysis tools for the sourcing department.
- In collaboration with the Costing team, understand profitability and margin metrics of the Columbia Sportswear Company brands and be able to influence and partner with vendors to achieve desired results.
- Participate on projects or issues that impact Sourcing, Costing, Production, Development and other related manufacturing areas.
- Build awareness of regional material capabilities and resources. Ensure alignment of apparel and material sourcing strategies.
- In collaboration with Liaison Offices gain an understanding of our suppliers' capabilities. On an ongoing basis, create, analyze and monitor reports on the performance of the source base.
- Consult with Categories and Brands on in-season needs and monitor and resolve factory capacity constraints in collaboration with Planning throughout the seasonal lifecycle.
- Understand global apparel trends, trade regulations, and company direction to maximize profitability and determine new source opportunities.
- Bachelors degree in business, apparel/textiles, manufacturing or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in apparel or other soft goods sourcing, development, merchandising, production or a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of garment manufacturing including, sourcing, costing, compliance logistics, distribution and planning operations.
- Possess working knowledge of materials and functional aspects of garments.
- Foundational understanding of global trade agreements and trade regulations.
- Ability to work well with individuals of different countries and cultures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Pivot Tables and Power BI
- Position requires travel internationally, approximately 15% of time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age