Sr. Brand Manager, Global Media
About the Job
The Brand Manager of Global Media is responsible for bringing the Columbia brand to life for our global consumer. You will do this by creating a strategic and cohesive mix of paid, earned and social media that meets the consumer where they are and connects them with our products and stories.
In this role you will need to think like our global consumer. That means understanding how they consume, share and engage with brand media on and across platforms and touchpoints, and then building media plans that deliver for the brand and the business.
This is a highly collaborative role that will work across the marketing organization as well as our cross-functional partners. You will work with the Global Brand Marketing leadership team to set and extend seasonal strategy and stories, as well as develop social media specific strategy and calendars.
- Champion and steward the Columbia brand externally and internally in all decisions and consumer facing content/experiences/channels.
- Translate the global brand strategy and seasonal brand plans into actionable, channel-right media strategy and toolkits that can be leveraged by the globe.
- Create seasonal media strategies that support and extend our brand stories across the consumer journey (awareness, consideration, purchase, loyalty, advocacy).
- Ownership of global media strategy (optimization for global content)
- Support to regions with media buying best practices
- Global media alignment facilitator, connecting efforts where sensible
- Global social media strategy and reinvention
- Global social media management, including oversight and direction for the day to day management of global channels
- Managing a team of social and media specialists to achieve the above.
- Partnering closely with regional marketing leads to insure global direction is actionable in their local markets (or helping identify other solutions when it's not)
- Work closely with media agency partners on path-to-purchase media strategy, planning, and execution.
- Manage all global media programs and budgets
- Create and maintain Global media calendars that track the development and execution of all key seasonal marketing projects.
- Own, manage, and foster relationships with global media agency as well as key media partners and vendors. Act as point of contact and middle-person for all category and channel leads.
- Ensure proper media tracking and reporting in partnership with all internal teams to deliver a better understanding of consumer media behavior.
- Stay up to date on latest media/PR/social trends.
- BE available to the brand as the organizations media/PR/social expert.
- Innovate and push the brand forward
- Manage a team to achieve results and grow the brand, while also helping them grow professionally.
- Create and contribute to an honest, innovative, and inspired workplace.
- 5+ years of brand media experience.
- College degree required, advanced degree a bonus but not required.
- Experience managing and mentoring teams of 3-5 direct reports.
- Experience with global media planning and buying.
- Experience with global PR and brand communications
- Strong social media fluency in strategy, content, paid, community management, analytics, and platforms.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age