Assistant Buyer (Outlet Stores)
About the Job
The Assistant Buyer assists the Merchandise Manager with the development of product strategy and assortment plans to maximize sales and profitability. The ideal candidate will assume personal responsibility for understanding the buying function and actively participating in the process where appropriate.
- Assist the Merchandise Manager with developing assortments that support the overall strategy of in-stock positioning for key merchandise categories taking into account fixture capacity, balanced presentations, accurate and timely receipt flow.
- Enter all seasonal purchase orders and work with account services to validate each order for accuracy.
- Provide and analyze product performance at a department, classification, style, color, and size level, and react appropriately to sales trends. Work with inventory analyst and merchandise manager to closely monitor stock position in relation to sales trends, merchandise availability and other changes and opportunities in the business.
- Responsible for Inbound and Outbound sample ordering and management each season
- Provide weekly recaps to the marketing team with regard to window campaigns and events.
- Responsible for entering style and sku level markdowns, as directed by the merchandise manager, and communicating those price changes to the store teams.
- Create seasonal assortment spreadsheets and assist the Visual Merchandise Manager with the creation and editing of a custom catalog tool for each store.
- Responsible for assigning hierarchy and style set up for each season's assortment.
- Provide continuous analysis and understanding of size selling and optimal size curves by category.
- Assist merchandise manager with preparing seasonal product presentations.
- Partner with planning and account services to identify late or dropped styles, and communicate those updates to the Merchandise Manager and Inventory Analyst.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience and in lieu of completed degree.
- Possess interest in merchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis. Previous retail experience a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and in manipulating data with advanced formulas and functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate independently and follow general guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age