Director of Facilities and Events
About the Job
The Northwest Nazarene University Athletic Department is accepting applications for the full-time position of Director of Facilities and Events. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
Northwest Nazarene University is sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene and seeks to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff administration, and students. All those interested are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated equitably.
The Director of Facilities and Events will be responsible for duties including, but not limited to, event and game set up and tear down; event and game management of coaches, officials, student workers, event staff, media, and guests; hiring, supervising and training all student workers and event staff; coordinating, scheduling, and supervising all athletics facilities for practices, athletic contests, internal University use, and external rental use; completing contracts for all rentals (in coordination with Athletic Director); ensuring that all NNU Athletics facilities are in good working order through routine walk-throughs and identification of needed repairs and improvements; overseeing completion of all facility work orders, repairs, and maintenance; acting as a liaison between NNU Athletics staff and coaches and NNU Facilities (Sodexo); and maintaining a "master calendar" for the use of all NNU Athletics facilities. This individual will partner with various University offices to enhance and promote the attendance of students, faculty and staff, alumni, and the community at athletic events. The Director of Facilities and Events will coordinate closely with other Athletic Department personnel to facilitate game promotions and provide support for various events such as the annual golf tournament, student-athlete awards banquet, and Hall of Fame ceremony. This individual is expected to promote and develop spiritual formation and leadership, academic excellence, athletic competitiveness, and community engagement. The position involves working some nights, weekends, and holidays.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Related experience
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and training to perform the essential functions of this position
- The University requires that all candidates be Christians (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU. Candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements link below.
- High motivation and commitment to the University, including the ability to self-start, be calm under pressure, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, be able to multi-task, problem-solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Ability to obtain and maintain current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification
- Ability to obtain NNU driving certification
- Offer of employment is contingent on successful results from a background investigation
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Operations and/or event management experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Experience in development and marketing
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received, including all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- NNU Application
- NNU Christian Mission requirements
- Names and contact information of two professional references
- Letter of reference from current pastor
Please do not contact athletic department staff directly; they will not respond to email inquiries or voice messages.
Send or e-mail application materials to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8036
Fax: (208) 467-8587
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Additional Salary Information: Full-time personnel will be offered access to a benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for employee and family, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, tuition benefits, opportunities for professional development, and a retirement program.