Head Men's Soccer Coach
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Men's Soccer Coach is responsible for the organization and administration of the men's soccer program including coaching, recruiting, team travel, fund raising, operating within the budgetary limitations of the program, and handling all other areas of team operations (benchmark expectations will be identified). He or she will develop effective and positive communication with the students, faculty, alumni, and community, and take an active leadership role in fundraising and public relations activities for the program and also the Athletics Department as a whole.
The Head Men's Soccer Coach must be committed to excellence, "The SIUE Way", subscribe to the SIUE Principles Governing Athletics and comply with all University, Conference, and NCAA Division I rules and regulations. Other duties include working cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel; supporting the student-athlete concept; and demonstrating concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete. Further duties may be assigned in support of the department's mission and goals.
Current assistant coach contracts will be honored.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum four years coaching experience in Division I (or combination with professional coaching experience) as an assistant or head coach OR minimum four years Head Coaching experience in Division II.
- Proven successful men's soccer recruiting experience at the collegiate level.
- Current knowledge of NCAA Division I regulations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Evidence of a commitment to academic excellence including athlete graduation.
- Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Ability and willingness to actively plan and participate in fund-raising, promotions, and other similar endeavors as they relate to the men's soccer program and the entire Athletics Department.
- Must comply with University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Final candidate must not require sponsorship to work in the U.S.
This position is a current Administrative / Professional vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
Applicants must apply through SIUE's HireTouch website. Applications cannot be accepted through the NCAA Market or directly from the applicant. Applicants must submit (upload) a cover letter, resume, unofficial academic transcripts, and a list of at least three professional references through HireTouch. To apply, you can access the job at https://siue.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=9026&job=coach-head-mens-soccer-coach-9026.
Questions can be directed to Katie Zingg, Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status. We encourage applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and people with disabilities.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent benefit package included.
Internal Number: 9026