Social Media Specialist-Contract
About the Job
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a Contract Team Sports Social Media Specialist, who will publish and engage with content for Football, Basketball, & Volleyball. The ideal candidate is passionate about cultivating meaningful social media communities, engaging and building relationships with consumers and other social communities, developing highly sharable, strategic and insight-driven digital content and establishing the company as a leader in social media customer service.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Publish and traffic all content across social channels including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Engage consumers on posted content
- Source UGC content
- Engage other brand, partner and relevant consumer content to drive fan recruitment on owned channels
- Engage questions, comments for reviews across Omni-Channel on wilson.com, Amazon, key accounts
- Analyze, measure and report out on social media performance
What We're Looking For
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR :
This role requires a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Literature, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Multimedia, Creative Design, or a related field. We are looking for a candidate with 1-3 years of strong experience in planning, managing, and executing social media initiatives in a corporate or agency setting.
Other qualifications include:
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Community engagement/building experience
- Significant experience with major social media platforms, their differences, benefits and unique features, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, and SnapChat.
- Experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools, including, but not limited to HootSuite, Radian 6, etc.
- Knowledge of digital marketing current best practices and understanding of digital production processes.
- Knowledge of paid social media strategy and planning options and a given media's role in integrated communication.
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle several projects at one time.
- Self-starter who owns his/her own success metrics and is self-motivated.
- Strong passion for digital media and emerging technologies with a solid understanding of trends within web analytics, ecommerce, search marketing, email marketing mobile and social media.
- A highly collaborative person with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, comfortable working under tight deadlines.
WHAT WE'LL PROVIDE:
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities!
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.