Community Ambassador, 2K League
About the Job
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
This position is part of the NBA 2K League. As the demand for content on the NBA's social and digital platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment. This role will manage community engagement around the NBA 2K League's social and digital platforms.
- Identify elements and potential storylines from NBA 2K League live games and tentpole events throughout the season
- Create content targeted for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms (websites and apps) including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content
- Curate and publish video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all 2K League social and digital platforms
- Research and introduce new content ideas for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- Actively participate in content planning for all league's social and digital platforms
- Organize and host events with fans within the 2K community Assist in generating fan interest in 2K's live studio games in NYC
- Assist League Operations by providing perscpective of NBA 2K or elite 2K players on key issues/decisions
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA 2K League, it's players, coaches, and teams
- Knowledge of 2K culture, the game, and the rules of the League
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitch
- Background in digital, social, photos and graphics production/editing or video content production
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects a plus
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks at once, with a precise and detail-oriented approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Developer, Social Media, Technology, Marketing