About the Job
Do you have a passion for serving others and a talent for customer service?
Eden Family YMCA
The Membership Director is responsible for directing all aspects of membership for the Eden and Western Rockingham branches including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff to ensure overall growth of membership.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and two years of supervisory experience.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
3. Experience in budgeting and the managing the budget are a must.
4. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Maturity and attention to detail are a must.
1) Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2) Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3) Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
4) Participates in the planning of the annual Membership budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
5) Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the Metro office as necessary on financial transactions.
6) Organizes membership events at the Y and represents the Y at community events to promote the YMCA.
7) Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
8) Participates in staff meetings and other required meetings.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Inclusion - Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
· Communication & Influence - Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y's cause.
· Developing Self and Others - Develops self and supports others (e.g. staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
· Critical Thinking & Decision Making - Makes informed decisions based on logic, data and sound judgment.
· Functional Expertise - Executes superior technical skills for the role.
CPR/AED, First Aid and BBP are required but will be provided upon hire if necessary.
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
Peter Baker, 301 S Kennedy St, Eden NC, 27288-5001
Resumes Accepted Until