Engineer In Rotation
About the Job
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don't speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let's face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don't have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a full-time Engineer in the Technology Rotational Program you will be involved in building and maintaining high-performing applications on various teams in Enterprise Technology at Converse. Assignments will provide exposure to business enablement, operations, and specialized teams who are working to solve deep technical problems.
We're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who has these experiences and clearly demonstrates these skills:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field by Spring 2020
• 1+ Years of experience in software development; in-depth experience developing web-based applications
• Java programming experience
• Exceptional knowledge of web service technologies and standards
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for shared services
• Experience with Amazon Cloud technologies
• Experience with unit testing frameworks
• Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Detail-oriented working style and creative thinking
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience in an Agile or Scrum development environment, including a demonstrated ability to deliver software applications in this environment
• Proven ability to deliver complex services on schedule
• Proven experience as a member of a cross-functional team
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
• High tolerance for ambiguity and changing priorities
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.