Direct Marketing Manager (CRM)
About the Job
The successful Customer Relationship Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the design, development and execution of our omni-channel CRM strategies and programs. This role will execute upon a customer-focused, data-driven direct marketing strategy. This role will manage, analyze and report on prAna's direct marketing efforts and provide executive summaries on program and business performance. This role will utilize findings to continually enhance results from direct marketing programs. This role will oversee direct mail and email program development with a focus on continually improving prAna's customer retention and lifetime values. In addition, this position will play a significant role in the design of the company's loyalty and referral programs.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a customer driven culture and understand the importance of utilizing customer data and insights to drive more effective strategies across all channels of marketing. This person will be highly analytical, have a strong background in direct marketing and be well versed in emerging direct marketing trends. He or she will be a true team player and work well with a variety of departments including IT, Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations and Creative.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1) Customer Marketing
- Create and manage the omni-channel customer contact strategy - developing, testing and executing direct marketing strategies to achieve business goals.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute effective customer-driven direct marketing campaigns to increase customer awareness and conversion, improve customer retention and LTV and generate a positive ROI.
- Understand the consumer journey and build automated programs to support business goals.
- Develop customer growth plans including new customer acquisition, lapsed customer reactivation and existing customer retention.
- Develop profitable customer acquisition strategies and campaigns to drive sales from the most-profitable segments.
- Use data to identify, target and deliver relevant messaging to customer segments.
- Assess current processes for data collection, vet out procedures and help set up a new infrastructure for gaining email addresses and insights about our customers.
- Develop and execute profitable catalog and print circulation strategies that balance trade-off of pages, reach, frequency and format.
- Develop annual catalog plans including optimal mail dates, segmentation/versioning, and budgets.
- Maintaining relationship with catalog production vendors - catalog consultants, paper broker, printer, mailing house, and co-op.
- Leverage IT partnerships and 3rd party relationships to ensure ongoing database maintenance and best-in-class tool suites for list selection, campaign management, tracking and measurement and business intelligence functions.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of consumer behavior and traffic drivers for both retail and ecommerce.
- Manage campaign projects end to end and ensure deadlines are met.
- Create and execute rolling 12-month test plan to continually fuel a pipeline of new tactics.
- Develop testing programs to facilitate actionable customer insight with predictive revenue outcomes for customer segments.
- Continually enhance campaign performance by updating and testing list segmentation and creative messaging/offers.
- Provide leadership to design new loyalty program and referral program, delivering on business goals.
- Establish customer KPIs and provide insight-driven strategies and targeted marketing initiatives across the customer lifecycle.
- Design, execute and interpret data analytics to make recommendations that further drive customer loyalty, improve the customer experience, and lead organizational change while creating business impact.
- Partner with Analytics to measure incrementality of all marketing programs, continually improving the efficiency of our investment.
- Summarize and communicate catalog performance data, including contributing to the post mortem meeting, and update catalog forecast as needed.
- Drive test-and-learn campaigns across consumer touch-points to enhance contact optimization strategies and overall ROI.
- Maintain marketing department budgets and expense forecasting, processing all department invoices, maintaining budget tracking logs and ensure accurate month end and year end reporting.
- Provide monthly and quarterly business reviews with insights.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics or related technical discipline is required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on analyzing direct marketing performance, specifically email and direct mail
- Budget experience with managing and tracking budgets and expenses
- Expert understanding of direct marketing strategies and impact
- Ability to work with agencies, consultants and internal team members to achieve goals
- Experience running CRM programs, and expertise with data & insights
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, technical knowledge and data analysis skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Understanding of direct mail production processes and pricing
- Proven ability to effectively communicate actionable insights
Technical Skills and Experience :
- Experienced with Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Omniture / Adobe Analytics
- Data visualization programs such as Tableau
- Understanding of data and personal information security best practices
- Understanding of current direct marketing regulations
- Advanced Excel, SQL a plus
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age