About the Job
Are you a critical and innovative thinker with a great attitude and the desire to make a difference for the organization and the community?
YMCA of Greater Omaha
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Finance Manager will perform at an intermediate level of accounting to execute accounting functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college/university required
- 2 years of accounting work related experience preferred, leadership experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of GAAP - Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Highly skilled with financial and numeric data
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Willingness to take initiative to define and improve the processes and procedures
- Dependable and responsive to deadlines
- Complete within 30 days of hire: Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; Emergency Oxygen Administration
- Completion of YMCA-specific training and/or certifications
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office environment. Intermittent sitting, standing, walking are required.
· Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
· Reliable transportation and travel among local branches and off-site facilities may be required.
1. Provides guidance for the Association and branches that result in appropriate accounting transactions.
2. Tracks reconciliations and daily deposits posting for all branches.
3. Analyze performance vs. budget to identify trends, opportunities, and best practices that can be implemented throughout the organization.
4. Focus on process improvement, systems conversions and other methods to improve the finance function.
5. Monitors and reports on the Association's control environment.
6. Answers questions and solves problems with a high level of customer service and a positive attitude.
7. Assists with end of month close-out routine and completion of financial statements.
8. Reconciles bank statements, amortizes prepaid expenses and maintains and posts recurring journal entries.
9. Prepares Nebraska and Iowa sales and use tax returns.
10. Leader and dynamic team player within the finance department.
11. Assists with internal and external audit process, supporting inquiries and analysis.
12. Supports all members of the Finance Department and assists CFO with tasks and projects.
13. Actively participates in department and association meetings and trainings.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
$41,132.00 - $47,919.00
How to Apply
https://careers-metroymca.icims.com/jobs/3156/finance-manager/job Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until