Group Fitness Director
About the Job
Group Fitness Director
This individual is responsible for the creation of an exceptional member experience for the group fitness programming.
Kettle Moraine YMCA Inc.
West Bend, WI
Under the direction of the Branch Director, the Group Fitness Director is responsible for the daily operations and the creation of an exceptional member experience in the Group Fitness Program offered at the Kettle Moraine YMCA- West Washington and River Shores Branches.
1. At least 21 years of age
2. Bachelor's degree in an exercise science field preferred or equivalent experience
3. 1-2 years of supervision experience in the health and wellness field or comparable experience preferred
4. 2-4 years teaching group exercise classes and/or personal training
5. Hold and maintain nationally recognized group fitness certification and/or personal training certification
6. CPR/AED certified within 6 months of hire
7. High level of written and oral communication skills as well as customer service skills are required
1. Manage all components of group fitness operations, including but not limited to instructors, stats and data, marketing and scheduling, staff development and meetings, communication within branches and maintenance of equipment and space.
2. Ensure visibility and build relationships with and between members, staff and volunteers by maintaining hours during peak usage.
3. Maintain a level of hands on involvement instructing group fitness classes and/or personal training and member engagement. (15 hours)
4. Prepare and administer the annual department budget using the best practices set within the association. Take appropriate action to maintain fiscal soundness of the department.
5. Recruit, train, evaluate, coach and counsel as needed, assigned staff and volunteers in accordance with Human Resource procedures and policies. Observe individual performance annually.
6. Develop Cause Driven Leaders by providing all staff with up skilling and development opportunities.
7. Stay knowledgeable and support growth and change within group fitness to align and keep up with the health and fitness industry.
8. Work collaboratively with the Association departments (HR, Marketing, Business Operations) to ensure the highest standards are met in the operations of the fitness department.
9. Follow and implement YMCA policies and procedures, including HIPAA and Privacy/Confidentiality; responds to emergency situations.
10. Lead a fun and safe environment that accomplishes the YMCA mission.
The Kettle Moraine YMCA is a nonprofit charitable association dedicated to putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body. Our YMCA programs promote good health, strong families, youth leadership, community development, and international understanding and are open to men, women, and children of all ages, incomes, abilities, races, and religions.
11. Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
12. Act as a positive role model using the YMCA's core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
13. Build effective, authentic relationships with members, staff and volunteers; helps members, staff and volunteers connect with each other and the YMCA.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Relationships: Creates strong morale, spirit, and sense of belonging to the Y. Models the importance of building connections between staff, members, program participants and volunteers.
Collaboration: Works effectively with and is open to people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness : Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
1. Hold and maintain nationally recognized group fitness certification and/or personal training certification
2. CPR/AED certified within 6 months of hire
How to Apply
https://www.kmymca.org/about/careers/ Opens a new window