Director of Health and Well-Being
About the Job
Director of Health and Well-Being
Be a part of making a positive impact on the Hampton Roads Community! Not just a Wellness Director but a change agent.
Victory Family YMCA
Under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Member Connections, and in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA, the Director of Healthy Living is responsible for developing and implementing adult and youth health and wellness programs, supervising all aspects of the Group Exercise program, service and member engagement. The Director of Healthy Living is responsible for the overall daily operation of the wellness department to include financial growth, membership engagement, retention and growth, and supervision of all health and wellness programs, to ensure an excellent member experience.
1. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
2. A bachelor's degree in exercise science/physiology, physical education, allied health related field, or related field from an accredited college preferred.
3. Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience working in the Health & Wellness field, with certifications in the following: ACE, AFAA, ACSM, or YMCA preferred in wellness and group exercise, preferred.
4. CPR, 1ST Aid, AED/02 certification required.
5. Must be able to work with diverse populations and age groups.
6. Must have experience in the development of programs.
7. Must possess skills and knowledge in the development and implementation of a wide range of wellness classes and activities, budgeting, hiring, training and supervision of staff and volunteers, and member recruitment and retention.
8. Knowledge of a wide variety of wellness equipment and experience in the maintenance and repair of wellness cardio and strength equipment preferred.
9. Complete and maintain required trainings to include but not limited to: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment upon hire and annually thereafter.
10. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
1. Support the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA.
2. Promote character development and the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all program areas.
3. Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
4. Participate in promoting YMCA membership through assisting in the recruiting and retaining of members utilizing retention tools available.
5. Recruit volunteers and train them as needed in the assigned program areas.
6. Hire and train staff for adult programs (i.e. Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, Aerobics, wellness coaches, and Health Lectures).
7. Maintain accurate staff records and ensure certifications are current for self and staff in order to meet/exceed Association guidelines.
8. Prepare annual budget for program areas and responsibilities and take appropriate action to correct variances.
9. Organize, plan, promote, and schedule monthly programs to include small community groups and annual events for the Wellness department to include Group Exercise.
10. Meet regularly with the Group Exercise Coordinator on all phases of program activity, schedules and budget.
11. Participate in the Annual Giving Campaign as assigned by the Branch Director.
12. Review and evaluate all programs to determine member satisfaction and to ensure all programs meet quality standards.
13. Responsible for the care, maintenance and storage of program supplies and equipment in accordance with the operating budget to include the wellness center and group exercise studios.
14. Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of wellness and adult programming, and group exercise.
15. Direct and perform wellness orientations and evaluations to ensure quality and safe programming for members and program participants.
16. Produce monthly department schedules for staff and programs. Coordinate group exercise classes with instructors.
17. Meet regularly with the Wellness team to maintain proper and effective communication, service and quality.
18. Attend Branch Leadership Team meetings, Association Health & Wellbeing meetings, Branch All Staff meetings, and Association All Staff meetings.
19. Be proficient with Y-Branding and creation of correctly Y-Branded materials.
20. Input staff schedules into payroll system. Verify staff timesheets and approve payroll each cycle.
21. Work Wellness Center floor 20-25 hours each week and engage with members.
22. Follow all Platinum Standard Guidelines as presented. Engage in annual Platinum Audit for Health & Wellbeing.
23. Wear staff uniform and name tag, or professional attire when appropriate.
24. Ensure all members, guests, and program participants are in a safe environment and actively follow branch Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
25. Carry out other related duties as deemed necessary by the Health and Well-Being Department and branch operations to ensure an excellent member experience.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
1.Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y's values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
2. Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
3. Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
4. Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
$37,000.00 - $41,000.00
How to Apply
https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/pmymca/Posting/View/2102 Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until