Assistant Field Hockey Coach
About the Job
Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Towson University is accepting applications for an Assistant Field Hockey Coach. This position will assist in managing all aspects of NCAA Division I field hockey program, including coaching and instruction, recruiting, planning practices and competition, scheduling and managing program budgets, academic progress and compliance. Towson University is a Division I member of the Colonial Athletic Association.
The Assistant Field Hockey Coach will organize, conduct and supervise all aspects of the intercollegiate field hockey program to include; skill instruction, practices, student-athlete strength & conditioning, competition scheduling, competition preparation and competition day coaching and participate within designated conference and NCAA meetings.
This position will recruit and evaluate prospective student-athletes through the use of New Media Technologies, organizing official and unofficial visits, including assigning hosts, creating travel itineraries and managing all budgetary elements of visits while adhering to all NCAA regulations. Tracking all admissions through the application process of our prospective student-athletes. Provide instruction to student-athlete hosts on department/NCAA policies & procedures for a visit.
The Assistant Field Hockey Coach will assist with academic support, fundraising activities, community servicing; including communication and outreach to Alumni. Coordinate with Total Tiger Program director; tracking and maintaining accurate records of all student-athlete participation in Total Tiger programs. Lead all team operations including travel, bus, hotel and restaurant plans. Assist with video analysis of games and practices. Responsible for knowledge and adherence to NCAA rules. Complete monthly CARA logs, recruiting logs and other end-of-year summaries and correspondence within JUMPForward and in coordination with the Compliance Office. Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of successful field hockey coaching experience at the camp/clinic, high school, collegiate, professional or international level.
- Ability to train and recruit at the Division I collegiate level.
- Ability to accept and carry out assigned program and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni and the community.
- Ability to pass the NCAA recruiting test and have a thorough understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards for student-athletes and their ability to succeed both academically and athletically is essential.
- A demonstrated commitment to building a positive team culture, and commitment to personal and professional development of student-athletes.
- Proficient in coding and game analysis.
- Proficient in the SportsCode and Hudl platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the structure and framework of an Athletics Department and University.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications or the ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- USA Field Hockey Coaching Level I & 2 Certified (or international equivalency).
- Advanced degree or international coaching experience preferred.
- Experience running field hockey camps and clinics preferred.
- Experience playing and/or coaching at the DI collegiate or international level.
- Experience with Front Rush, Coaches Packet, JumpForward and coding game film also preferred.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here .
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. Cover letter and resume are requested, but not required.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs .
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.