About the Job
Cimarron Hills G & CC in Georgetown, TX is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Property Accountant. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Property Accountant:
• Implements and ensures adherence to policies and procedures for the Accounting function, including compliance of all Troon Golf accounting standards.
• Oversees accounting and administrative controls so as to safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft as well as internal fraud.
• Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring annual budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume forecasts.
• Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and over/under based on the plan.
• Prepares and analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and monthly financial statements.
• Performs daily revenue audits for revenue generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
• Monitors and manages property cash flow and decides the appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General Manager and Regional Controller when cash flow problems exist.
• Prepares, performs and reviews with the Regional Controller the closing of year-end books and records.
• Recommends to management the implementation of policies, procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of current accounting processes.
• Establishes accounting protocols and work flows for the property based on property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon Golf accounting standards.
• Monitors contracts with facility's vendors.
• Ensures collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes. Prepares monthly tax reports.
• Performs both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to include but not limited to: processing invoices, preparing statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation, and record keeping.
• Maintains, reconciles and audits petty cash, general bank account and cash banks. Monitors regular bank deposits and reconciles all bank statements.
• May serve as the property specialist and/or contact on matters relating to computer applications, procurement, annual and special audits, insurance and/or human resources.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Property Accountant:
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of property management system