About the Job
Honours Golf Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Regional Controller:
• Supervises property accounting operations.
• Facilitates the monthly closing of the properties' financial statements by reviewing monthly closing package and preliminary statements prepared by property accountants.
• Designs and implements financial and operational controls to ensure that managed properties are operating in accordance with the company's standard operating procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of the properties' annual budget, periodic forecasting process, and other internal reporting needs.
• Identifies and analyzes significant variances from budgeted results and participates in the development of updated annual projections.
• Implements policies and procedures for the Property Accounting function, including compliance of all company standards relating to quality of products and services.
• Manages department members that may include, but are not limited to: Senior Property Accountant, Property Accountants, Senior Staff Accountant, Staff Accountant.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assures effective orientation and training are given to each new associate.
• Conducts internal auditing programs to assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Regional Controller:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job