Merchant, Category - Accessories
About the Job
The Merchant, Accessories - Will support and execute on UA's overall brand and channel strategy in the Accessories category, with a specific focus on the $200M Headwear business. Core responsibilities will include managing revenue, inventory efficiency and go-to-market operational effectiveness of the Accessories category. This role will work cross-functionally throughout UA to build a collaborative, supportive operating environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and optimize product assortments within the global range that will maximize potential for revenue and profit across regions and accounts. Primary responsibility will be the headwear business and will also support the remainder of the UA Accessories line.
- Support the merchandising vision and business strategy for the Accessories category in partnership with the Category Merchant and Accessories GM.
- Partner with a team of cross functional experts assigned to the same category that include planning, product, sourcing/development, and finance.
- Support the category merchandising leads of other key business units to ensure full brand alignment and maximize market opportunity of headwear and accessories products.
- Create a merchandising flow calendar that identifies key items, year-over-year business opportunities, sales trends, and product launches appropriate to the product category.
- In partnership with Category Merchant, support and actively participate in cross-functional meetings.
- Analyze historical sales performances and use as influence in making merchandising strategies for future assortments.
- Foster positive relationships with regional partners, soliciting their feedback and insight as to product needs and consumer reactions to product assortments and items for headwear and supporting all of Accessories.
- Analyze and clearly communicate competitive positioning, market opportunities and segmentation strategies to influence the product assortments globally.
- Provide direction to Product partners regarding market opportunities, consumer insights, and product assortments
- Partner with the Product team in assorting the category, focusing on strategic targets, local market characteristics, budgets and SKU counts
- Strong awareness of the impact and implications of decisions
- Operate and maintain Merchandising and Product Line Management systems (Armoury, Trasix, etc) for the entire Accessories business.
- Ability to build cross-functional working relationships
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a variety of go-to-market models (direct-to-consumer, wholesale, retail, etc) in a highly-matrixed organization
- Detail oriented, comfortable with data driven decision making
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of merchandising or product experience
- Global industry experience in consumer products preferred
- Ability to travel for work
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit