Apparel Design Lead - Women's Performance
About the Job
As the Apparel Design Lead for Women's Performance, you will be responsible for applying your strong design skills, innovative thinking, and technical experience toward the creation of new products and technologies for our Women's Performance category. You will act as a role model and push design boundaries to realize innovate yet brand sensitive ideas.
- Design product and shape category direction with an in-depth knowledge of costing, performance, and fit
- Continually gather fresh, relevant market data and translate input into cutting-edge designs
- Work in cross-functional teams to build consensus for ideas and designs
- Collaborate with Footwear design teams to ensure seamless head-to-toe merchandise stories
- Liaise between regional design centers and global line of product
- 10 years' experience in the Apparel industry, with 5+ years' managing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design
- Experience in women's performance apparel preferred
- Strong skills in core design competencies: drawing, sketching, and the ability to visualize in three dimensions
- Demonstrated technical understanding of apparel construction and manufacturing
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Some travel required, including internationally
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.