Designer I, Digital Innovation
About the Job
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what's next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Nike Digital Innovation relentlessly pioneers new ways to connect with our consumers, striving to embody and continuously redefine Nike's original mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. We're passionate about creating the future and laser-focused on delivering consumer value beyond the constraints of the digital and physical worlds.
We seek an innovative problem solver, who is imaginative yet pragmatic and able to utilize a full range of visual design and user experience skills as a hybrid interface designer.
You are driven by curiosity and proactive, with the ability to take emerging concepts at its infancy to realized value through design thinking. You are a visual thinker and communicator, and able to take complex concepts and make them simple through design.
Your mission will be to bring to life world class interface designs that feels as good it looks, that are as pixel perfect as it is thoughtful. And you will deliver experiences that constantly push the envelope of how consumers connect with Nike Products and Services.
- Design incredibly polished work that represents the Nike brand through visual comps, wireframes and prototypes.
- Rapidly iterate on design concepts all the way through final delivery.
- Think in motion as you design interfaces and bring it to life through prototyping.
- Help define and evolve style guides to set the standard for an entirely new Nike platform.
- Ensure hand off files are pixel perfect and to spec with meticulous attention to details.
- Collaborate in user experience decisions through research and iterative feedback loops.
- Effectively communicate with and work closely with a team of engineers to ensure feasibility of interface concepts and the fidelity of the final output.
- Inspire new ways of thinking and explore the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
- 3+ years interaction/visual design experience across a variety of digital products.
- Exceptional design skills and a portfolio showing impeccable taste and thoughtful work.
- Strong visual design foundation in typography, composition, motion and systems design.
- In-depth understanding of Sketch, Adobe CS, and Keynote.
- Rapid-prototyping skills in Principle, Framer, InVision, After Effects, Maya or other.
- Experience with iOS, aOS and/or Apple Watch app interface design.
- Familiarity with hardware and software products and experiences is a plus.
- Thrives on collaborating with talented peers and cross-functional team members.
- Able to explain design decisions and comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Organized, flexible and able to act independently as a self-starter.
- Obsessed with and has demonstrated meticulous attention to details in their work.
- Experience with global launches, multi-language localization, accessibility design and large-scale mobile platforms is optimal but not required.
- Curious, Inventive, Open-minded, Fearless, and Proactive.