Sr. Director Digital Growth
About the Job
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams - Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning - direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike's top areas of growth.
As the Senior Director, NDC Growth you will be at the heart of the Nike Direct digital business and will help the global and individual Nike Direct teams make decisions that will drive organic growth in Nike+ member acquisition, engagement, and monetization, directly leading to the accomplishment of annual goals.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Commerce Platforms, you will lead a cross functional team focused on organic growth strategies for our Nike Direct consumer experiences. You will identify opportunities to accelerate user acquisition, grow engagement, and increase purchase frequency and value. You will provide subject matter expertise to our global and geo business units, partner with our paid media teams, and collaborate with our marketing content creators and digital experience teams to identify key growth opportunities and develop the strategies and tactics to capture the value of these opportunities. You'll be an expert in understanding digital marketing channels and experiences and how to best leverage them for organic growth - from email, to affiliates, to search engines, to social, to app store optimization. You'll have a passion for brand right data driven decisions AND consumer experience. You'll be a service-oriented leader who wants to teach others how to develop growth models as much as you like digging and executing them yourself.
This position requires a high-energy, self-motivated individual with strong technical and analytical skills, high detail-orientation and excellent written and verbal communication.You must be a strategic thinker with extensive experience in growth marketing and growth focused product management. Candidates with experience in retail commerce is preferred. The right individual will be on top of digital retail and marketing trends and understand the opportunities that Nike Direct can drive for the Nike brand.
- Lead and execute cross-platform strategies to drive acquisition, retention, and conversion that leverage the best of each of Nike's digital experience and a performance driven plan with ROI goals, LTV, virality, SEO/ASO, referrals, app downloads
- Be a key partner across all growth marketing-related analytics and data efforts. Have a perspective, and define and implement a growth roadmap to optimize our growth funnel and consumer active user base utilizing data capture, marketing attribution, and BI platforms
- Collaborate with our global and local marketing teams on effective user journey strategy, creative development, and optimization
- Partner with internal teams to deliver the best performance across digital channels (app stores, search, social, display, affiliates, email, and notifications)
- Set growth and performance benchmarks, and establish analytics and dashboards for key performance criteria, maintaining key performance metric reports that track the efficacy of different variables and efforts
- Identify and actively investigate high-potential channels to test and incorporate into the broad acquisition plan, and make recommendations for acquisition involving segmented, tailored outcomes based on primary research findings and customer data
- Collaborate with, influence, and manage stakeholders within internal teams at Nike including Brand Marketing, Brand Design, and Social Media, as well as with Finance, Tech, Data Science, Digital Experience/PM, E-commerce, and Consumer Insights
- B.A. or B.S. in marketing, economics, applied statistics or another quantitative field is required (M.A. or M.B.A. preferred!)
- 10+ years of experience in progressive user acquisition marketing and/or growth product management roles required
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar direct-response marketing budgets and/or consumer facing digital experiences across all platforms and all device types required
- Recent experience with hands-on development, operations, management, and optimization of large-scale online acquisition campaigns (not agency managed) required
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations; experience with modeling, multivariate testing, and statistics
- Proven experience developing and scaling new digital programs, as well as monitoring and refining existing programs to meet the company's objectives, strategies, and forecasts
- Experience leading teams of product managers, designers and engineers in the development of digital consumer experiences
- Demonstrable expertise in search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, app store optimization, app download strategies, and digital advertising
- Experience working in a global business environment required, accounting for different digital ecosystems, consumer expectations, and regulations in different regions and countries
- Comprehensive understanding of the digital and retail market landscape, both through a technology and competitor lens
- Previous experience with SQL, database architecture, and building BI tools a strong plus