Test Engineer II
About the Job
Nike, Inc. products enable and inspire human potential, and it's up to the Nike Product Management team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product managers lead the creation process, manage product lines, and maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product Management employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether it's basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: the Product Management team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
implement procedures for testing new products and developing technologies. You'll work with the test requestor to establish test objectives and timelines. You'll prepare samples, perform testing, analyze data, prepare written reports, and communicate results to the requestor. You will collaborate with local and global team members to help build a strong and efficient testing team.
As a Test Engineer II, strong problem-solving skills, a focus on results, and multi-tasking skills are required. You will complete custom and standard mechanical tests, review analyze and publish data obtained by technicians, and help design new tests. You will lead test and research projects and assist more senior engineers on testing larger projects. You will consult and train others on your areas of expertise, and help identify changes to protocols or equipment within the lab to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct relevant work experience required.
- Product testing experience required.
- Material and/or mechanical testing, design, data collection, data analysis, and/or equipment design is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audience required.
- Team building and project coordination experience preferred.
Experience with Nike Innovation teams preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis of data preferred.
- Basic knowledge of biomechanics preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally (0-5%).