Dir Engineering, Marketing Platform
About the Job
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly growing industry.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to run our Marketing Platform Engineering Team. You will be responsible for our digital marketing engine, customer retention, and marketing data pipeline space. You will also lead a team to build and operate a highly scalable marketing platform that enables a step function change in campaign spend efficiency. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Director of Engineering:
- Plan the budget and headcount roadmap for a team of 20+ engineers and growing.
- Grow a culture of strong ownership and accountability among multiple senior engineering managers.
- Advocate to executive and senior leadership for how to build a world class digital marketing engine through modern and scalable technology.
- Partner with Product leadership to shape the vision for each team.
- Keep the team connected with a growing number of stakeholders and locations.
What skills you will use:
- Your ability to manage multiple software engineering teams at once.
- Your experience building teams from scratch by identifying and staffing critical roles.
- An understanding of marketing and ad tech products and best practices.
- A history of working closely with highly active and capable analytics teams.
- Experience screening candidates for management ability.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.