Manager, Problem Management
About the Job
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
We are looking for a manager for the Problem Management team to help manage and grow the problem management function at DraftKings. The Problem Management organization is responsible for tracking production incidents, reporting production incident trends to engineering leadership, and developing best practices for the engineering team.
What you'll do as a Manager, Problem Management:
- Own the incident response process for DraftKings Engineering.
- Collaborate with leaders in the engineering organization to build scalable team processes.
- Define standards for common incident mitigation tools such as monitors, pagers, and emergency email distributions.
- Execute on KPIs for the Problem Management team.
- Build a risk model for production incidents and raise awareness of high-risk incidents that have a chance of recurrence.
What skills you will use:
- Solve complex problems with information technology software and hardware.
- Maintain incident logs and process incident reports for review with upper management.
- Develop procedural runbooks for various Production Incident resolutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into tactical tasks that can be executed upon.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.