Associate Content Specialist
About the Job
The Associate Content Specialist writes, edits and curates all marketing content. The incumbent assists the marketing team with processes for optimized organization of content including written, video, photo and creative. The Associate Content Specialist will provide digital support for website/social media posts and onsite support related to marketing efforts with content creation and public facing communications. The Associate Content Specialist will be the administrator for 3rd party content contractors & supplies (i.e. video and photo teams) and responsible for executing timeline schedules for social media / digital postings.
- Writes, edits and curates stories for company events and/or festivals. Topics of focus include news, events, website and social feed content.
- Ensures adherence to style guide and organizational processes for submission of content. Works closely with internal print and video content creators, to draft, edit and quality assurance (QA) content to ensure a consistent brand, voice and messaging. Edit and prepare photos for use on social media sites and websites. Assist with managing onsite photo / video / content teams.
- Works closely with event and/or festival teams to ensure that content is created and published to the relevant global audiences. Content to include but not limited to festival maps for website and app.
- Maintains the event, festival & company asset library to ensure that high quality images, and assets are available for use in the creation and management of new content. Will also administer 3 rd party content contractors & suppliers (i.e. video and photo teams) and is responsible for executing timelines and schedules for social media / digital postings.
- Monitors site regularly for outdated information and/or other content in need of revisions. Edit all FAQ's for festival websites. Update all ticketing pages, including descriptions and copy.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in English, Writing, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Basic understanding of the components of web technology, including (HTML CSS)
- Knowledge of SharePoint (online) and common CMS solutions
- Experience with Adobe CS applications or equivalent graphics applications
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Strong attention to details and highly focused on delivering quality results
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand content consumption among target audiences
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong writing ability, including an assortment of styles (i.e. educational, editorial)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook), and ability to learn required business systems
- Knowledge of social and digital trends
- Skillful communicator who is comfortable working with individuals throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability exercising good judgement and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Previous experience with mid to enterprise class Content Management Systems a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.