Assistant Manager, Event Services
About the Job
Under general direction and supervision, the Assistant Manager, Event Services will be responsible for planning and executing events such as professional and collegiate sports, ancillary functions, internal meetings, press conferences, fundraisers, ceremonies, and galas as well as develop and manage game entertainment for NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. This position is expected to coordinate all event details including budget preparation and staff management, and continually research new event trends. This position reports directly to Senior Manager, Event Services.
- Assist in development and conceptualization for special events and game entertainment
- Manage the operations, rehearsals and execution of events and entertainment in compliance with expectations of event owners, production, and NYCB Live management
- Manage event staff and the hiring of any vendors and entertainment staffing
- Work with internal and external entities to manage and broadcast event production
- Create timing, staging, and schedules for all events
- Develop CAD drawings for ticketed events in conjunction with the Box Office and production teams.
- Compile and communicate all event requirements to various departments at NYCB Live. Direct and delegate necessary responsibilities within the venue's departments
- Prepare and distribute detailed production notes for each event and schedule production meetings with the venue's department heads (including but not limited to operations, security, food & beverage, and guest services)
- Manage, maintain and organize event binders and files, which include all pertinent information and post events for NYCB Live events
- Handles the department's expenses which include submitting a detailed report indicating funds spend to the finance department monthly;
- Schedules and conducts meetings with department heads to coordinate event logistics;
- Organizes facilities and amenities (i.e. catering, audio/visual needs, parking, etc.);
- Assists in developing and scheduling event staff in accordance with specifications as well as oversees assigned staff or operations;
- Generates budget proposals to ensure that all cost associated with an event stays within budget;
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year); preferably in Event Production or Sports/Entertainment Management
- 2-3 years' experience in event planning or special events, preferably sporting events, game management and production. Candidate must be extremely organized and detail oriented. Large group management experience preferred.
- Must have intermediate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access);
- General knowledge of C.A.D. software
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional appearance;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate good judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must have outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible and a reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must have strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong production management skills with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
- Previous experience working within a union employee environment
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and projects
- Must be a very organized person able to handle many jobs and pressure.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.